HEALTH AND SAFETY
In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities; Matthew Hughes (Responsible Director) has produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety. It is our aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year. We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
• Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures
• Providing and maintaining safe work equipment
• Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
• Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility
• Ensuring that tasks given to employees and self employed operatives are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform
• Ensuring the technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate
• Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communications of relevant information
• Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives.
The company employ the services of SMC Safety Solutions, to advise the company on matters of health and safety as required. All employees and self employed operatives on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health.
All employees and self employed persons working on behalf of Just Trees Ltd are required to take an active part in the implementation of this policy during the execution of their duties. Any employee or self employed person, who wilfully contravenes a company rule or legal requirement concerning health & safety, will be liable to disciplinary action.
All employed and self-employed persons contracted by the company are bound by all current legislation and the Just Trees Ltd safety policy.
Our health and safety policy will be reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.